Limit search to available items
Book Cover
E-book
Author Agyekum, Afua A. B., author

Title Realizing the dream : decision-making in action / Afua A. B. Agyekum, Nathan K. Austin, Phyllis Y. Keys
Published London : Institute of Management Accountants, 2017
Online access available from:
Sage Business Cases    View Resource Record  

Copies

Description 1 online resource
Series SAGE Knowledge. Cases
SAGE Knowledge. Cases
Summary This case describes the difficulties faced by an entrepreneurial healthcare service provider whose business is situated on the premises of another facility. The business provides various laboratory and scan services for walk-in clients as well as those who were directed toward these services by their physicians in the main healthcare facility. The entrepreneur has an agreement with the managers of the facility. All payments for laboratory services are paid directly to the main healthcare facility, and reconciliation occurs at the end of the month with the entrepreneur receiving 60% of the revenue generated by laboratory services, and the healthcare facility retaining the remaining 40%. The main healthcare facility does not share the revenues from scan services. In return, the facility does not charge the entrepreneur for rent, utilities, or janitorial services. Recently, the number of clients serviced by the laboratory has declined drastically. The entrepreneur thinks that the facility managers are not keeping to their part of the agreement to refer clients. He suspects that someone at the healthcare facility is directing patients to other laboratories where they have relatives or friends with the same tribal affiliation. As such, generated revenue can barely meet the operational cost of the laboratory. He has been considering several alternatives to improve his profitability and must take action in the near future if he wants to salvage the situation. He has been thinking of promoting his services to nearby healthcare facilities and schools. A former classmate has given him a special order from a nearby school that would require him to go to the school and provide health-screening services to students. The offer the administrators are making, however, is at a unit price below what the entrepreneur normally charges
Notes Originally published in Agyekum, A. A. B., Austin, N. K., & Keys, P. Y. (2017). Realizing the Dream: Decision-Making in Action. IMA Education Case Journal, 10(3), Article 2
Description based on XML content
Subject Health services administration.
Form Electronic book
Author Austin, Nathan K., author
Keys, Phyllis Y., author
ISBN 9781526446282 (ebook)